
Davy travelled for the first time Tuesday. He was in at least two different states -- Illinois and Utah. He might have been in Kentucky too.... I'm not sure which state the Cincinnati/ Northern Kentucky airport is in.
Davy did great on the trip. We left at 1:15 for a flight from Columbus to Cincinnati, and Davy slept about 25 -50% of the trip. He was awake for the take off, and I tried to feed him to minimize the ear pain since infants can't pop their own ears, but he didn't really want to. He did best the first take off. After that, he either slept on the way up or down, or he just didn't want to eat. He didn't fuss though.
He only cried once and that was when we were stuck on the ground in Cincinnati. The plane had a mechanical problem, so there was a delay. Then they finally boarded, and it turned out it was a different plane. Fueled to go to Minnosota. So there was too much fuel and they had to siphon it out. That took another 15 minutes (at least). Then we were finally able to go and had taxied to the runway, and it turned out a flap was up and we had to go back and get it put down. I had to make a connecting flight in Chicago, so I was really worried by this point that we weren't going to make it. I kept planning what I'd do when we landed if I missed my flight. We managed to make the connection. But barely. They were waiting for us. And of course there were stairs we had to walk up and down throughout. Sometimes with two carry ons, a stroller, and Davy.
We made it though. My aunt met us at the airport, which was a surprise and a huge help. They had sent one of my bags on a different flight so I had to find it. Then the rental car was located off site, so I had to take a shuttle. I doubt I could have made it without her.
The hotel is nice, and we're all settled in. Now we are going to see Davy's great-grandma. As soon as Davy is done pooping....
Oh, the picture is of Davy on the hotel bed, although I didn't get one on the plane. I realized that this morning. Darn.
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Davy's First Trip
Posted by xmama4 at 2:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment