I apologize. I am woefully behind. Davy and I were both sick right after Christmas, and we're just now starting to feel better and get back to normal.
Daddy requested that we set up a nighttime/ sleep routine for Davy last week. Since Daddy rarely asks anything of us, we decided to try it. Well, he was right. The routine has been wonderful. But primarily I think because at the same time, I stopped nursing Davy to sleep. Each night this week, he's fussed to go downstairs, watch Caillou, play legos, turn on the light, or anything to keep from going to sleep. He cries for about 5 minutes, gets worked up, then cuddles into me and goes to sleep. Since he and I share a bed, I'm right there the entire time. I do have to hold him in bed while he's fussing. Otherwise he'd climb off the bed and probably hurt himself because the room is dark and he's exhausted.
Tonight, however, he didn't cry at all. We talked about how we can do things tomorrow: nurse, watch Caillou, eat M 'n Ms, visit family (naming everyone several times... for some reason his cousins were also going to drink water.... not sure why). We talked about how Daddy went "night-night," and nursies went night-night too. He talked for a long time lying in bed with me in the dark. Then he decided to put his head on my belly. Then he blew on my belly. Lots of touches. And Grainne just kicked right back. He fell asleep like that. It was very sweet, amazingly easy, and such a relief.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
New Milestones
Posted by xmama4 at 11:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment