I've been looking for a doll for Davy. He has one, but I wanted to get him another since Grainne is coming. I thought about getting him a Waldorf doll, but he showed no interest in any doll that was remotely cloth or cloth-like. Plus, they are so expensive that it just isn't worth it to buy him one that he won't love.
TJ Maxx though had a little (anatomically correct) boy doll that came with a potty. It is phalate-free, a brand name, and cheap! An added bonus, although we haven't tried it, is that the doll can go in the bathtub. Davy loves his new doll and wanted to play with it right away. He really likes the potty part.
However, something very strange happens when a toddler has never had a bottle. Either he tries to apply the bottle to the baby's head....
...or he acts like it is a ketchup bottle and tries to pour the bottle's contents on the baby.
He frequently nurses his two dolls (and has Daddy and Mommy nurse them too). I love that he doesn't think bottles are normal.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Davy's New Baby
Posted by xmama4 at 2:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment