Wow. It's lots of fun trying to pack things with a toddler who loves to climb and can reach things off the table. So far there are three levels: things that Davy can play with; things that I put on the table, but can be on the edge since Davy can grab things on the edge of the table; and things that have to be in the middle of the table. Not an ideal system, and something has already been broken. Not anything big, but still.
I also realized Davy can reach things on the counter tops in the kitchen, so the three levels of babyproofing has migrated there also. I turned around today to see Davy with his hands on the edge of our kitchen counter tops. He proceeded to pull himself completely OFF THE GROUND and hung there for a minute looking for a foothold.
I've basically stopped worrying about Davy playing with certain things, provided he's entertained. Some example: a box of tea bags, plastic bottles & cups, empty boxes, hangers, broom and dust pan, mop, brushes, unused toilet brushes in the accompanying holder, and step ladders. If it's safe and he's happy, I just let him go at it. It's hard to let go of control and watch him tear things up, but it's worth it to get stuff done.
Davy also decided that he wanted to feed himself dinner. We were eating mashed potatoes, and I tried to feed him some with his spoon. He wanted no part of that. He took the spoon, fed himself, and proceeded to feed himself the rest of the meal. He had his special cowboy plate that his grandparents bought for him, and he didn't try to throw it or even move the plate.
Anyone want to see all of Davy's teeth? Obviously at dinner tonight her was happy to oblige. Davy is experience MAJOR teething pain and has accompanying issues. So I should be glad anything is getting done at all. He's nursing A LOT, although not usually eating per say. You can see his eye teeth bulging white in his gums. All four are coming in. Hopefully that will be the last of teething for a little while as his molars are already in.
Davy played with the shovel outside today before Daddy came home. He found the shovel on his own. Because, well, can't you guess? It's a long stick. And better yet, there's something on the end to drag against the ground.
I have a new blog for our home sale/moving: http://www.sellingourhouse2.blogspot.com.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Organizing and Packing
Posted by xmama4 at 9:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment