CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 27, 2008

A Car Buying Adventure

I had promised Steph that I would help her car shop on Friday, so I was prepared for that. But Friday morning Steph called and said I needed to help her get Grandma up. Grandma had fallen and instead of calling the squad for help, Gene called my mom. Since Mom had already promised to drive Kristen to Carrollton, she couldn't go herself. So Steph and I got down there about 1 1/2 hours after we were first called. Grandma didn't know who anyone was and was in a lot of pain. We took her to the ER, and it turns out she broke her arm in a fall Thursday night. Now Grandma can't return to Gene's, and Mom won't put her in a nursing home.

After we took Grandma to the hospital and got her settled, Steph and I went to Buckeye Honda to look at cars. Her car failed the emissions test for Chicago, so she can't drive it unless she gets it fixed first. She doesn't want to put that much money into a car that is worth only a little more than the cost of repairs. So she looks around, tests drives a CR-V priced at $18,900 with 60,000 miles on it, and decides that is the car she wants. She gets all the paperwork ready and is waiting for her husband to arrive with her credit card for the down payment. He arrives, we drive together from Lancaster to pick him up at the airport, and vetos the idea when she tells him. So then I drive her and her husband back to Lancaster. And no car is purchased.

That was my day. All with a toddler in tow.

0 comments: